Cheverus Welcomes the Class of 2021!
Welcome to Cheverus High School! With any transition, there can be some feelings of excitement and nervousness. The goal of our freshmen orientationis to help you with the transition to high school. Freshman Experience will be your opportunity to meet your classmates and teachers, find your classrooms, explore the school, find (and open) your locker and have some fun!
Freshmen Orientation -- Tuesday, August 29
Cheverus has partnered with Rippleffect to facilitate a one-day program on the Cheverus campus for the entire incoming freshman class. Experiential activities will include small group problem-solvers, team building initiatives, community building games, and reflective activities.
Students will have the opportunity to: reflect on their upcoming high school experience (self leadership); build new relationships with peers (peer leadership); and recognize their own ability to be a strong voice within the Cheverus community (community leadership).
- Students should arrive at Cheverus between 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. for check-in in the main school building atrium (the hallway next to the Keegan Gym). The program starts promptly at 9:45 a.m.
- Students will be excused from pre-season practices on this day.
- What to bring: your own bag lunch and reusable water bottle, sunscreen.
- Orientation attire: appropriate length shorts, sneakers, t-shirt. Hats and sunglasses are OK for outside.
- What NOT to wear: short-shorts, flip-flops, sandals (open toe shoes), tank tops or cropped tops, t-shirts with inappropriate language or pictures.
- Snacks and water provided.
- Program ends at approximately 3:30 p.m.
Freshmen Parent Orientation & Social -- August 29
The Freshmen Parent Orientation & Social is from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. We request that at least one parent from each freshmen family attends. The Guidance Department, Administration and current parents will share information about the parent experience at Cheverus. Light refreshments & a social to follow.
First Day of School -- Wednesday, August 30
The first day of school is an opportunity to acclimate yourself to high school life. This day will be an opportunity to explore the halls of Cheverus. Staff will be on hand to guide students through: navigating Cheverus email accounts, locating and opening lockers, fine-tuning schedules, and finding classrooms. Students will meet their teachers and classmates.
- Students should arrive between 7:30 - 7:50 a.m. to check-in in the main school building atrium (the hallway next to Keegan Gym). Activities begin at 8:00 a.m. with a Class Meeting in the Loyola Chapel.
- Cheverus dress code is required.
- Students will be finished at approximately 1:30 p.m.
- Lunch is provided. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- School pictures will be taken.
- Feel free to bring your books to put in your locker.
Classes Begin -- August 31 & September 1
Students will follow their Monday schedule on August 31 and their Friday schedule on September 1. Download the daily schedule of class rotations.