COACH: Sally Cloutier, cell: 207-329-1327; email: email@example.com
LIAISONS: Amy Abbott, Debbie Adams
Great job summer crew with league play and a strong commitment to morning workouts!
The first two weeks of August are the “Hands off” period for coaches per the SMAA. Coach Cloutier will not be able to be in contact with the team during this time. We will have summer workouts continuing at Cheverus with Parsisi through August 11th.
- Week of July 30: Summer Workouts at Cheverus M,W,F (speed T,Th)
- Week of August 6: Summer Workouts at Cheverus M,W,F (speed T,Th)
- Week of August 13: PRE-SEASON begins! Practice 7:00-9:00 a.m.; 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; M,T,W,Th,F
- Saturday, August 19 : Playday at YARMOUTH & NYA – 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. more details to follow
- Week of August 20: PRE-SEASON Practice 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.; 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. M,T,Th,F (Sat. tentative 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.)
- Wednesday, August 23: SMAA playday at Fitzpatrick stadium 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.; no early practice
- Monday, August 28 : 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.; 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29 : Scrimmage vs. Windham, 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 30: Class Day – afternoon practice only
- Thursday, August 31: First Day of classes – afternoon practice only
- Friday, September 1: 1st GAME vs. KENNEBUNK (AWAY)
This schedule is an OVERVIEW and is subject to change. We will send out weekly schedules and updates as the season begins, and I’ll update the Shutterfly calendar as soon as I can!
SHIRT AND HAT ORDERS
Are due August 1! Contact Debbie Adams if you would like to order or need more information!
Debbie is also collecting items for the calendar raffle – we’ll take anything: gift cards, services or items from your businesses!
Please let us know what you will be donating, so we can get the tickets printed for an early sales season that doesn’t interfere with school or the field hockey season.
Debbie’s contact info – if you want to mail anything in!
- Phone: 207-207-2608
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9 Sylvan Road, South Portland, ME 04106
Looking forward to a great season with a great group of girls, a great group of parents, and our always positive, devoted coaches!
Head Coach: Michael Vance -- email@example.com
Varsity & JV Liaisons: Mary Cahill, Ellen Pirone
Hello High School Sailors and Parents,
We are very excited to start the High School Season! Registration for the High School Season is now open.
You must registration on-line at http://www.sailmaine.org/programs/high-school/
When you register, you must print out the Code of Conduct, review it, sign it and either bring it to the preseason meeting or your first practice. Remember both sailor and parent must sign the Code of Conduct. You will not be able to participate in a practice if SailMaine does not have a signed Code of Conduct for you.
You will also find the practice schedule, try-out schedule and racing schedule on-line at the same address.
The Parent Sailor Preseason Meeting will be held on August 25th at 6pm at the Portland High School Auditorium.
The preseason meeting is very important because we will be doing the following:
- Introduce the Coach
- Review general information
- Collect Code of Conduct forms (signed by sailor and parent)
- Meet teammates
- Review Schedules
- Review qualifying events
- Parent Coordinators and Coaches meeting
- and, hopefully, have reduced rate gear sales
Dick Levesque will be managing the High School Program this season and if you have any additional questions please feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all on the water soon and an exciting Fall Season.
Head Coach: Matt Andreasen -- email@example.com
Team Liaisons: Karen Gordon -- firstname.lastname@example.org
From Coach Andreasen:
Download the 2017 preseason schedule (PDF). The preseason covers three weeks heading into the opener against Kennebunk High School on September 1st.
The expectation is that all players attend every session. We'll break into Varsity/JV pools midway through the first week, then have final Varsity/JV rosters by the second Monday (August 21).
For preseason, all equipment is required (although mouthguards are NOT needed for training). Hydrate plenty BEFORE each session, and bring plenty of fluids for each session. Also, I HIGHLY recommend doing plenty of conditioning prior to the beginning of preseason.
Also, players need medical clearances every year. Clearances are good for one full calendar year. Also, physicals are required every TWO years. A physical also qualifies as a clearance. If a player got a clearance in March to play baseball, he's covered until NEXT March (and thus, wouldn't need one prior to soccer).
We'll be having a brief parent's meeting after one of our night sessions (probably Monday, August 14). I'll email everyone once that's finalized.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
COACH: Craig Roberts (c) 518-1703 Email: email@example.com