China Trip Summer 2020
In 2017, Cheverus began offering Mandarin, alongside French and Spanish. In the summer of 2020, we will offer an exciting opportunity for Cheverus students to travel to China with Ms. Connie Zhu, our Mandarin teacher. This trip will be open to Cheverus students as well as students from Boston College High School, a Jesuit high school in Boston, MA. There is no language requirement for this trip. All that is necessary is an open mind and a desire to learn more about China and Chinese culture.
Immersion Highlights Include:
- Beijing Ancient Observatory (early Jesuit influence)
- Church of the Saviour
- Early Jesuit Cemetery
- A Jesuit painter in Imperial Court
- Immersion in a farming village
How to prepare?
- Apply, with parental approval
- Plan your personal resource ($)
- Raise money together to fund and reduce the trip cost
- Meet deadlines for each step
- Trip-related language & cultural study
Do you want to learn more?
Please contact Ms. Zhu for more information regarding available spots and fundraising.