St. Peter Faber Tutoring Service
The St. Peter Faber Tutoring Service (FTS) provides families who are considering engaging the services of a tutor with a convenient, on-campus option. Coordinated by the Cheverus Administration, the FTS can be an appropriate choice for families seeking to assist their students in overcoming academic challenges to success in the classroom. Click here to request tutoring with FTS.
- Convenient, Fee-Based, On-Campus
- Choose from Individual or Small Group Tutoring (up to 5 students, subject to availability)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Subjects Available: Math, Science, English, Social Studies, and Spanish (additional subjects added as needed)
- Organizational Skills Tutoring also available
- All tutors are employed by Cheverus High School
- Cheverus conducts background checks on all tutors
This tutoring service is not a replacement for consultation time expected of all Cheverus faculty for Cheverus students.
The (FTS) is named after Peter Faber, a co-founder of the Society of Jesus, who first met Ignatius Loyola at the University of Paris in 1529. They had been assigned as roommates. Although 15 years younger than Ignatius, Faber served as a tutor for Ignatius when Ignatius struggled to master the content of one of their classes.
- Individual Session -- $49/hour
- Group Session -- $31/hour per student
- ELL -- $62/hour
- Check or cash delivered to the Treasurer’s office prior to day of tutoring.
- Payments by credit card may be made by calling Ms. Keene in the Treasurer’s Office (207-774-6238 x 123), or you may request a secure payment link to pay online.
In order to avoid being charged for the scheduled tutoring session you must cancel the session before the close of business (4:30pm) on the business day prior to your student’s session by calling (207) 774-6238 and asking to speak with Dana DeOliveira in the Treasurer’s Office or emailing email@example.com.
If you do not call to cancel or your student is a no-show, you will be charged the full scheduled fee.