Apply to Cheverus
Applying to Cheverus
High School is a time of remarkable growth, change, and discovery! At Cheverus, we accompany students and families through this exciting and transformative time in their lives. For our students, academic rigor is balanced with personal development. We help our students to reach their fullest potential academically, spiritually, and personally.
Cheverus welcomes 9th grade applications for the school year beginning in 2020, and Transfer* applications for the spring semester of this 2019-20 academic year.
In our admission process, our selection committee looks for demonstrated academic commitment, intellectual curiosity, interest in service to one’s community, personal qualities such as resilience, and determination, and the promise for personal growth. We carefully consider recommendations by teachers, the required essay questions, and a student’s extracurricular activities. Students from a wide variety of communities across Maine find a place among our dynamic and talented community of students.
*Points of entry for Transfer Students include: spring of 9th grade, fall and spring of 10th grade, and fall of 11th grade.
Applying is easy using our online application. A complete application includes:
- A completed and electronically signed online application.
- Teacher Reference: The teacher referral form is submitted online through the application portal. You will submit the name and email address of the teacher who will provide the referral.
- Transcript: The transcript request form is submitted online through the application portal. You will provide the name and email address of the school official who will provide the transcript. You will likely need to submit a Grade 9 Applicant Transcript Release form or a Transcript Applicant Transcript Release Form to your current school to release your transcripts.
- A non-refundable fee of $50.
Create an Online Application
To begin the online application process, create an account. You will then be prompted to verify your email address. After verifying your email address, login to your account and select “Create a New Student Application.”
You will be able to log in and out of your account to access your open application. After submitting the application, you will be able to track your admissions status online by logging into your account.
Current Parents: If you already have a Parent Web account for children currently enrolled, you will need to create a new account for this student applying. Upon enrolling, the two accounts will be merged.
Apply for Financial Aid
Families applying for financial aid will create an application through FACTS beginning in early November 2019. For more information on tuition and financial assistance, please visit our Affording Cheverus page. Steps to apply for financial aid:
- Create a new account by selecting the button that says “create a username and password.”
- Then click on the “start application” link.
- Select the appropriate school year.
- Complete the steps as prompted.