Summer Info for Teams
Summer Info for Fall Sports
Head Coach: Bill Goodman — email@example.com
Team Liaison: Christine Kennedy-Jensen — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Par 3 course -Riverside Golf Course Portland
- All students interested in golf should plan on attending the following summer practice
- Thursday June 17, 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Thursday June 24, 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Head Coach: Ryan Lovering
Team liaison : Eliza Lussier & Kathryn Erswell
There is no summer sailing offered through Cheverus. Fall sailing information can be found at sailmaine.org/programs/high-school/
Head Coach: Michael Vance -- email@example.com
Team liaison : Delia Smith -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheverus Football Program Philosophy:
“Excellence With Integrity”:
We will do everything to the best of our ability while maintaining our personal integrity.
#1 of our 10 Cardinal Principles which support this philosophy is “The Golden Rule”: We will treat the people in and around our program as we would like to be treated.
All transfers and rising freshmen are welcome!
- Incoming Freshmen and Transfers: You should first communicate with our parent liaison, Delia Smith (email@example.com), until your student has finished their spring semester and has paid the deposit. After that, Coach Vance can respond to emails.
Those incoming Freshmen and Transfers who have COMPLETELY FINISHED their 2021 academic calendars should feel encouraged to join our “Spring Mini Camp” on campus 6/14-6/17. (Several have already committed). Those who won’t finish school before 6/17 should feel encouraged to join our “Voluntary Summer Strength Program” on campus beginning Monday 6/21.
Spring Football Mini Camp”:
- Location: On Campus, Mon 6/14-Thurs 6/17, 4-6:15PM
- Non-contact camp; fundamentals and system introduction
- Equipment Needed: Cleats, T-shirt, shorts, water
Voluntary Summer Strength Program:
- Begins 6/21, ends 8/13. Weekly-M/Tu/We/Th 8AM-10:30AM
- Location: On Campus, INDOOR track, downstairs in main building. (Back door works best)
- Equipment Needed: Sneakers, T-shirt, shorts, water, cleats for daily outdoor work.
Summer Passing League schedule TBT.
- Usually several Friday afternoons during the summer. Non-contact, no interior line play.
- Offensive passing concepts vs pass defense concepts against area high schools.
- Contests are at away schools and players provide their own transportation.
- Begins 8/16, runs until school starts.
- Double sessions 8AM-10:15AM/4PM-6:15PM.
- Saturdays 8AM-11AM. (Preseason Saturdays are mandatory for all players)
2021 Regular Season:
- Practice after school 3:05PM-5:30PM.
- Regular Season Game Schedule TBT.
- (Regular Season Saturday 9AM-11:AM practices after Friday night games are mandatory for all players)
Head Coach: Craig Roberts -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Liaisons :
Wendy McKenny -- email@example.com
and Stephanie Pothier -- firstname.lastname@example.org
For those new to girls soccer at Cheverus, the summer programming is about inclusion and team building first and foremost. It is open to all players, regardless of previous team placement and regardless of skill level. -Attendance is not mandatory; finding balance between friends, family, and athletics is important especially during the summer. As I said at the banquet last season, ask yourself, “what can I give to girls soccer?” and then do your best to give that.
We have three focus areas each summer:
- program-building (We want players to leave the summer more comfortable and confident about entering Cheverus and we want them to know they are an important part of the girls’ soccer “family.”)
- fundamentals and fitness (We want all players to get touches on the ball and develop a base level of fitness to avoid injury when the preseason starts)
- core values (We want all players to invest in certain core values that have shaped the program’s success. That process starts during the summer)
Summer Schedule & Cost
COVID protocols will basically be the same as at school. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time for temperature screening and wear a face covering when social distancing is not possible. It is my understanding that players and coaches, who are fully vaccinated, will not have to quarantine should a player contract COVID or be a “close contact.”
Prospective captains meeting (TBA)
- Monday, June 21 Skills & Small-Sided Games. 4:30 - 6:00 pm. 947 Washington Ave.
- Wednesday, June 23 Skills & Small-Sided Games. 4:30 - 6:00 pm. 947 Washington Ave.
- Friday, June 25 “Fun Fitness” & Team Building. TBA.
- Monday, June 28 Game vs. Maranacook. Time TBA. 947 Washington Ave.
- Wednesday, June 30 Skills & Small-Sided Games. 4:30 - 6:00 pm. 947 Washington Ave.
- Wednesday, July 7 Skills & Small-Sided Games. 4:30 - 6:00 pm. 947 Washington Ave.
- Friday, July 9 Skills & Small-Sided Games. 4:30 - 6:00 pm. 947 Washington Ave.
- Monday, July 12 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Wednesday, July 14 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Friday, July 16 “Fun Fitness” & Team Building. TBA.
- Monday, July 19 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Wednesday, July 21 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Friday, July 23 “Fun Fitness” & Team Building. TBA.
- Monday, July 26 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Wednesday, July 28 Summer League Game. 5:15 - 7:30 pm. Site TBA.*
- Friday, July 30 “Fun Fitness” & Team Building. TBA.
The cost for participating in summer soccer this year is $75. This pays for coaching, summer league fees, and officials. Players will get a “Cheverus Girls Soccer” shirt to use in the summer league and keep afterward.
Checks should be made payable to “Cheverus High School” (“Girls Soccer” in the memo line).
Except for prospective captains, attendance is optional at summer training.
What to bring? Cleats, “running shoes,” plenty of water, face covering, mouth guard, shin guards
The summer league schedule is tentative as some schools are still determining if they will offer summer athletics. If we don’t have a game, we will have training at 947 Washington Ave.
Again, please remember, ALL players are welcome to participate in summer activities! Even if you don’t end up playing in the fall, come join us for the summer!
A note for incoming freshmen and transfer students. Rules require that you’ve been accepted at Cheverus, you’ve paid the deposit, and you are done at your sending school prior to participating in summer programming.
Head Coach: Bill Leblanc -- email@example.com
Team Liaison : Nicole Hoglund -- firstname.lastname@example.org
June 22 : Cheverus @ Lake Region
June 24: Cheverus @ Lewiston
June 29: Cheverus @ Yarmouth
July 1: Cheverus @ Edward Little
July 6: Cheverus @ Mt. Ararat
July 8: Cheverus @ Freeport I
July 13: Cheverus @ Brunswick
July 15: Cheverus @ Kennebunk
July 20: Cheverus @ Greely
July 22: Cheverus @ York
July 27: Cheverus @ Massabesic
July 29: Cheverus @ Bonny Eagle I
Head Coach: Jason Barriault - Email: email@example.com
Team liaison :
Head Coach: Richie Ashley - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team liaison:Sharon McNabb - Email: email@example.com
Summer basketball program will consist of two practices and two games per week. Except for the first week, which has 5 practices.
Start Date: June 14
Schedule linked below:
Head Coach: Bill Goodman - Email: Goodman@Cheverus.org
Team liaison (s) : Julie Kelly - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Jen Davis - Email: email@example.com
- June 22nd @Freeport 6:00JV/7:00V
- June 24th @ Brunswick 6:00JV/7:00V
- June 29th @ Gray 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 1st @ Yarmouth 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 6th at Cheverus vs. ? 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 8th at Cheverus vs Cape Elizabeth 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 13 Cheverus vs. Freeport 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 15th at Cheverus vs. Gray 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 20th at Cheverus vs Brunswick 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 22nd @ Cape Elizabeth 6:00JV/7:00V
- July 27th @ Wells 6:00JV/7:00V
Tournament @ South Portland June 18th & 19th
June 14-17th 4:00-6:00
June 21st- July 30th 7:00AM-8:30AM (Monday's & Wednesday's)
Head Coach: Marco Giancotti- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team liaison (s) : Mary Morin & Jenny Franchesci- Email: email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach: Scott Rousseau - Email: email@example.com
Team liaison : Sarah Delahanty - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no summer program for girls hockey
Head Coach: Olivia Pickering - email@example.com
Team liaison (s) : Connie Hallett - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach: John Wilkinson - Email: email@example.com
Team liaison :
Head Coach: John Stamaris - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liaison: Rebecca Marcisso - Email: email@example.com
Our Nordic Ski team is coached by George Aponte Clarke of Portland High School - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach- Ryan Lovering
Team liaison : Eliza Lussier & Kathryn Erswell
Head Coach: Theresa Hendrix - Email: email@example.com
Team liaison : TBA
Head Coach: Tony DiBiase - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team liaison : TBA
Tuesday games @ 4:30
Wednesday's DH @ 4:00
June 15: home vs. Windham
June 16: @ South Portland (DH)
June 22: home vs. South Portland
June 23: @ Kennebunk (DH)
June 29: home vs. Portland
June 30: @ Gorham (DH)
July 6: home vs. Wells
July 7: home vs. Falmouth (DH)
July 13: home vs. Biddeford
July 14: @ Freeport (DH)
July 20: home vs. Portland