Grandparents Day: November 1,
Join Us for Grandparents Day!
All Cheverus grandparents are cordially invited to join the school community for our annual Grandparents Day on Tuesday November 1, 2016, during our school-wide All Saints Day Mass. If students do not have a grandparent able to attend the activities, please invite them to bring a special relative or important senior in their lives.Grandparents and guests will have the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments and cup of tea/coffee before, or after, the Mass. For more information -- and to register your grandparents -- click here. Interested in helping out that day? View volunteer sign-up sheet.
Other items of interest:
- Letter from a Cheverus Parent: "With the school year well underway and our children settled into their class routines, I would like to invite each of you to consider joining me in a renewed interest and participation in the Cheverus Family Association. This organization is an important source of support to our students, faculty, staff, administration, and the wider community." Read Barbara Jerome's full letter on the CFA page.
- Picture re-take day is Friday, October 28.
- The Salt to the Sea reading groups will meet during an X-Order on October 12 to share their independent project. The projects will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis and should demonstrate an exploration of the themes in Salt to the Sea and/or the community focus on refugee crises. For samples of project ideas and additional resources, view the Salt to the Sea presentation.
- Campus Ministry and the CFA are seeking volunteers and donations for the Freshmen Retreat and Community Service Day, October 19 & 20. See the volunteer sign-up sheet if you're interested in helping out or donating.
- Please note: Our faculty meeting originally scheduled for Thursday, October 20 has been moved to Friday, October 21 in order to accommodate the freshmen retreat/day of service. We will have a regular schedule of classes on October 20 and a noon dismissal on Friday, October 21.
- Yearbook Reminders: Senior photos are due Friday, October 14. Photos may be submitted in black-and-white or color; 300 dpi resolution. Parent ads are due by December 16. Download the flyer for sizes and prices.
- Now that the school year is under way, the Main Office and Dean of Students remind parents and students about the policy for reporting absences, tardies and dismissals (PDF).
- Notifications: please review the following documents: Federal Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and the annual notice about pesticide use.
Our Lady of Hope Parish will celebrate a Mass welcoming Jesuit Alumni/ae, Friends and Family as part of the Northeast US Jesuit Province celebration to welcome all our Ignatian family at St. Pius X Church at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 23. Download the flyer.
Fr. James Martin, S.J., will join us from New York City via Skype at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 17, in the Keegan Gymnasium. Learn more and sign up here.
Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age -- an award-winning documentary -- will be shown on October 13, 7:00 p.m. in the Cape Elizabeth High School Auditorium. This nationally-recognized film takes a personal approach to exploring the challenges teenagers face with an average of 6.5 hours spent on screens per day. Run time is just over an hour. See the trailer.