Educate the Principal:
Survey Results and Town Hall Meeting on 10/25
Many thanks to the almost 70 parents who responded to the "Educate the Principal" survey; here is a sampling of your responses. We invite you to discuss the results of the survey and share your own thoughts at a town hall meeting with Fr. Collins and Dr. Moran on Tuesday, October 25 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sparta Room.
Cheverus Presents Frankenstein
Shows are Friday and Saturday, October 21 & 22, at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, October 23, at 2:00 p.m.
This is a busy week! Here's a reminder of the schedule:
Monday, October 17:
- Mass of the North American Martyrs -- X-Order
- Fr. James Martin Skype Presentation, 7:00 p.m. -- Register here.
Tuesday, October 18:
- Dress-Down Day to benefit Key Club Turkey Drive
Wednesday, October 19:
- Freshmen Retreat -- all-day and overnight
- PSATs/Pre-ACTs for Sophomores & Juniors
- College Visit Day for Seniors
Thursday, October 20:
- Freshmen Community Service Day
Friday, October 21:
- Noon dismissal for Faculty Meeting
- Beginning Monday, October 17, Student Government will sponsor "Sock-tober" to collect of new socks for Preble Street shelter. SGs rep wills drop off a box for donations to each homeroom. Please encourage your students to bring in NEW socks for those in need. The homeroom with the most socks will be treated to donuts. Thank you for your help.
- News from the College Advising Office for Parents of Seniors: Now is the time to file the FAFSA for each college your student where your student intends to apply and to research if the CSS Profile is needed for those colleges. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be found at www.fafsa.gov and the CSS Profile at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile.
- Letter from a Cheverus Parent: "With the school year well underway and our children settled into their class routines, I would like to invite each of you to consider joining me in a renewed interest and participation in the Cheverus Family Association. This organization is an important source of support to our students, faculty, staff, administration, and the wider community." Read Barbara Jerome's full letter on the CFA page.
- All parents are invited to the annual "Paying for College" night Monday, October 24, at 6:00 p.m. in Keegan Gym. Learn the difference between colleges that are generous with merit money versus need-based aid. Which ones are right for your family?Contact email@example.com for more info.
- Picture re-take day is Friday, October 28.
- Campus Ministry and the CFA thanks all those volunteers who have already responded to our call for volunteers and donations for the Freshmen Retreat and Community Service Day, October 19 & 20. We have just a few openings still to be filled -- please see the volunteer sign-up sheet if you're interested in helping out or donating.
- Yearbook Reminders: Parent ads are due by December 16. Download the flyer for sizes and prices.
- Our Lady of Hope Parish will celebrate a Mass welcoming Jesuit Alumni/ae, Friends and Family as part of the Northeast US Jesuit Province celebration to welcome all our Ignatian family at St. Pius X Church at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 23. Download the flyer.
We're inviting grandparents -- or a special relative -- to join the Cheverus community for All Saints Day Mass on November 1.
Grandparents and guests will have the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments and cup of tea/coffee before, or after, the Mass.
If students do not have a grandparent able to attend the activities, please invite them to bring a special relative or important senior in their lives.
For more information -- and to register your grandparents -- click here. Interested in helping out that day? View volunteer sign-up sheet.