The Week Ahead....
It’s hard to believe that the first day of classes is just over a week away! As we gear up for another great year here on Ocean Avenue, we’d like to introduce you to this new weekly format for school news. Every Sunday afternoon throughout the school year, we will send out this newsletter with reminders, news items and calendar details for the coming week. We’ll do our best to keep it short and focused on just what you need to know, but of course for these first few weeks as we return to school there’s a lot to know! Let us know what you think of this format – we’re open to suggestions.
Please note that we have made a change to our School Calendar that will affect parents of freshmen and sophomores. The Parent Night for the parents of freshmen and sophomores will take place on Thursday, September 15 (originally scheduled forWednesday, September 21). We apologize for this late change. Parents of juniors and seniors will meet on Tuesday, September 13 as scheduled. Both nights will begin in the Keegan Gymnasium at 6:00 p.m.
Here are a few other news items and notes for the coming weeks:
- Our Freshmen Orientation and Experience will take place both on campus and at Camp O-AT-KA this Monday, August 29, and Tuesday, August 30. Parents of incoming freshmen can click here for more details. Transfer Students are asked to attend the Cheverus Open School day on Tuesday; again please click the link above for details.
- As we have done in the past, we will use a modified schedule for the first day of classes on Tuesday, September 6. Freshman should arrive by 7:45 a.m. and grades 10-12 should arrive by 8:45 a.m. Also to ease our transition into the school year we will use an “A” day schedule on both Tuesday, September 6, andWednesday, September 7, and then we will begin to rotate classes with a “C” day on Thursday, September 8.
- Parents are invited to join us for our Mass of the Holy Spirit on Friday, September 16. Mass will begin shortly after 9:10 a.m. in the Keegan Gymnasium.
- Our Campus Store is looking for volunteers on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. during the upcoming for the school year. Please contact Jennifer Kelley at email@example.com if you can help.
- Speaking of the Campus Store, Student Planners are available for purchase ($10) in both the store and the Main Office. Freshmen will receive a complimentary copy during their Orientation Days. Also, members of the Class of 2016 may pick up their group graduation photo and tassel in the Main Office.
- Parents of Seniors: photos for yearbook and Senior student bios are dueOctober 14. All photos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seniors have already been emailed a Google Form to submit their bios. Information on Baby Ads will be given at a later date. Click here for more information.
- The Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice is an annual conference for students from all of the Jesuit High Schools, colleges and universities nation-wide. The conference takes place in November in Washington DC. If the link between faith and justice is important to you, please consider applying to be part of this year's delegation. Click here for more information. Application Deadline: September 15.