Spirit Week! Show your Stag Pride!
During Catholic Schools Week (January 30 - February 3), Cheverus will participate in the WGME School Spirit Challenge to raise money and collect food for Good Shepard Food Bank -- and have a lot of fun! There's a different theme every day. Students should bring in 10 cans of food or $10 (or more!) on Monday to participate in all the dress-down days for the week. Please note the dress-down guidelines for Spirit Week.
Schedule of themes for the week:
- Patriots Day -- Monday, January 30 -- wear your Pats gear or red-white-and-blue
- Decades Day -- Tuesday, January 31 -- dress in the style of a certain decade:
- Freshmen -- Nifty '50s
- Sophomores -- Groovy '60s
- Juniors -- Dy-no-mite '70s
- Seniors -- Totally Rad '80s
- Twin Day -- Wednesday, February 1 -- dress like your BFF or your favorite teacher or ???
- College or Cheverus Sweatshirt Day -- Thursday, February 2 -- show your pride in higher ed
- Purple & Gold Day -- Friday, February 3 -- show your Cheverus spirit!
Special Events During Spirit Week
Pep Rally -- Thursday
X-Order at the end of school day on Thursday to get excited for Friday's early morning pep rally.
WGME School Spirit Challenge -- Friday, 6:00-8:00 a.m.
WGME will broadcast LIVE on Friday morning! Students should arrive by 5:45 a.m. showing their Purple & Gold pride! Students will be competing in cheering competitions, tug-of-war, tricycle races, and more! Students will proceed directly from the rally to 1st Period.
Athletic Events -- Show up and Show your Spirit
- Tuesday, January 31:
Boys Basketball @ Thornton (away)
Girls Basketball vs. Massabesic (home)
Boys Ice Hockey @ Yarmouth (away)
- Wednesday, February 1:
Wrestling vs. Scarborough (home)
Girls Ice Hockey vs. Gorham Bonny Eagle (home)
Girls Basketball vs. South Portland (home)
- Thursday, February 2 :
Boys Ice Hockey vs. Brunswick (home)
- Friday, February 3:
Boys & Girls Swimming & Diving @ Westbrook (away)
Boys Basketball vs. South Portland (home)
Boys Ice Hockey vs. Cape Elizabeth (home)