Cheverus High School is a Jesuit, college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Founded in 1917, the school strives to prepare young men and women to be people for others by fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical and personal excellence.
We seek to hire and retain faculty and staff members who are passionate and proficient in their fields, who understand and embrace our school’s mission, and who are committed to leading students in co-curricular and pastoral ministry activities. Successful candidates demonstrate a capacity for professional collaboration, continued pedagogical growth and instructional leadership. The school expects faculty and staff members to keep current with professional development activities appropriate to their fields, as well as to participate in the school’s in-services and Ignatian formation retreats.
Cheverus High School invites applications for the following positions:
HEad Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Director of Athletics and Student Activities
Employee Status: Full Time, non-exempt salaried (with no entitlement to overtime)
- Develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for Cheverus athletics.
- Develop all sports medicine program for Cheverus, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away varsity football games. Varsity Football games supersedes home contests, if a conflict arises.
- Act as a liaison between family physicians and specialists, athletes and their parents.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Assist the Wellness office in obtaining and managing physical examinations.
- Responsible for the formation of the Cheverus athletic training staff training and supervision of assistant and student athletic trainers.
- Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff and students for coverage for team practices and athletic competitions.
- Assist Athletic Director in the development of the sports medicine budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Recordkeeping, documentation and maintaining accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Responsible for the organization, inventory, and requisition of all athletic training room supplies. Requisition of equipment and/or supplies must be submitted to the Director of Athletics.
- Assists and advises the coaching staff regarding injury prevention, conditioning programs, and the selection, care and fitting of protective equipment.
- Clear and constant communication with Wellness Office and School administrators regarding any injuries resulting in missed academic time for student athletes.
- Responsible for monitoring environmental hazards (i.e. Lightning, humidity levels, etc.)
- Provide athletic training coverage throughout each sport season, including weekend, holidays, and school vacations when necessary.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of the training room.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Student Activities.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree and two to three years professional experience in the field of Athletic Training.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- State of Maine Athletic Training Licensure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
The following coaching positions are open in our Athletics department. To apply, please send a Cheverus Coaching Application, your coaching resume and three references to Brooke Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Athletic Director.
Head Coed Swimming & Diving Coach
Boys Varsity Lacrosse Coach
Varsity Coed Alpine Skiing Coach