Cheverus High School is a Jesuit, college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Founded in 1917, the school strives to prepare young men and women to be people for others by fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical and personal excellence.
Cheverus High School invites applications for the following positions:
The following coaching positions are open in our Athletics department. To apply, please send a Cheverus Coaching Application, your coaching resume and three references to Gavin Callahan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Athletic Director.
Varsity Coach -- Alpine Skiing
Varsity Baseball Coach
Assistant Wrestling Coach
Assistant Coach -- Alpine Skiing
Switchboard Operator / Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations
HOURLY RATE: $13.50 per hour minimum, higher depending on experience
STATUS: Non-exempt (entitled to overtime), Part-time position, Wednesdays and Fridays, year-round
- To assume primary responsibility for the answering of the phones for both Cheverus High School at the central operator location, including directing incoming calls to the appropriate members of the Administration, Faculty, and Staff, taking detailed and complete messages when appropriate, and relaying brief information to inquiries relating to School scheduling, athletics, admissions, etc
- To assume primary responsibility for greeting visitors to the Loyola Hall building, directing them to the appropriate locations on campus, paging or calling Administration, Faculty, and Staff where appropriate.
- To provide support for the Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations including typing, filing, report preparation, copying, and other related clerical duties.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Wednesdays and Fridays
Part-Time Cashier/Utility Person
REPORTS TO: Dining Services Manager
BEGINNING SALARY RANGE: $13.00 per hour
STATUS: Non-Exempt, School Year Position
- Putting received inventory in proper storage areas
- Operating cash registers for sales to students
- Washing/drying pots and pans and staff utensils
- Filling coolers with inventory
- Counting inventory for month end report
- Some food preparation; baking muffins and cookies
- Assisting grill person (i.e. wrapping sandwiches), as needed
- Substituting for other staff members and their duties
- Other tasks as assigned by the Dining Services Manager:
- Sweep & mop floor
- Removing trash
- Regulating students coming through the door at lunch
- Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 am - 1:30 pm and Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 10:45 am - 2:45 pm (hours are subject to change as needed)
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references. Applications are also available at the Reception desk at Cheverus High School, Loyola Hall, 271 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04103, M-F between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.