Cheverus High School is a Jesuit, college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Founded in 1917, the school strives to prepare young men and women to be people for others by fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical and personal excellence.
Cheverus High School invites applications for the following positions:
Director of Special Events and Corporate Relations
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Special Events and Corporate Relations will oversee all aspects of the school’s event programming in support of the office of Advancement’s outreach and engagement efforts. The Director will be responsible for planning and orchestrating signature Cheverus events such as the annual Spring Gala, Golf Classic, and Homecoming as well as special events associated with the school’s development initiatives. The Director will also work in concert with Advancement staff members to plan and orchestrate recognition and stewardship events on and off campus for alumni, parents, and friends. In addition, the Director of Special Events and Corporate Relations will be responsible for establishing relationships with corporate and business partners and securing sponsorship and advertising in support of school events, initiatives, and projects. The Director will work closely with other departments on campus including the President’s Office, the Admissions Office, the Principal’s Office, academic departments and athletics. The Director will conduct all job responsibilities according to the Jesuit mission and values of Cheverus High School.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position. A Bachelor’s degree is required and three to five years of relevant experience is preferred. Priority will be given to applications received before June 1, 2019.
Candidates should send a letter stating personal interest in the position and a comprehensive resume to Sarah Scola (email@example.com). Digital submissions are preferred.
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations. The hourly rate is $13.50 per hour minimum, higher depending on experience. The position is non-exempt (entitled to overtime), part-time, Wednesday/Thursday/Friday or Wednesday/Friday, year-round.
- To assume primary responsibility for the answering of the phones for both Cheverus High School at the central operator location, including directing incoming calls to the appropriate members of the Administration, Faculty, and Staff, taking detailed and complete messages when appropriate, and relaying brief information to inquiries relating to School scheduling, athletics, admissions, etc.
- To assume primary responsibility for greeting visitors to the Loyola Hall building, directing them to the appropriate locations on campus, paging or calling Administration, Faculty, and Staff where appropriate.
- To provide support for the Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations including typing, filing, report preparation, copying, and other related clerical duties.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations.
To apply for this position, please use the following link: Cheverus High School Switchboard Operator / Receptionist.
Applications are also available from the reception desk at Cheverus High School, Loyola Hall, 271 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04103, M-F between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The following coaching positions are open in our Athletics department. To apply, please send a Cheverus Coaching Application, your coaching resume and three references to Gavin Callahan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Athletic Director.
- Boys Varsity Soccer Head Coach
- Varsity Field Hockey