Cheverus High School is a Jesuit, college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Founded in 1917, the school strives to prepare young men and women to be people for others by fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical and personal excellence.
We seek to hire and retain faculty and staff members who are passionate and proficient in their fields, who understand and embrace our school’s mission, and who are committed to leading students in co-curricular and pastoral ministry activities. Successful candidates demonstrate a capacity for professional collaboration, continued pedagogical growth and instructional leadership. The school expects faculty and staff members to keep current with professional development activities appropriate to their fields, as well as to participate in the school’s in-services and Ignatian formation retreats.
Cheverus High School invites applications for the following positions:
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: Director of Athletics and Student Activities
Salary: $21.00 per hour
Employee Status: Part-time, 10 months, Non-exempt (entitled to overtime)
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Evaluation of athletic injuries
- Treatment of athletic injuries
- Provide education and counseling to student athletes
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer in administrative duties
- Assists and advises the coaching staff regarding injury prevention, conditioning programs, and the selection, care and fitting of protective equipment
- Assist in monitoring environmental hazards (i.e. lightning, humidity levels, etc.)
- Provide athletic training coverage throughout each sport season, including weekends, holidays, and school vacations when necessary
- Assist in the care and cleanliness of the training room
- Responsible for giving basic instruction to athletic department staff members in the prevention and care of athletic injuries
- Responsible for referring athletic injuries to physicians for diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Carries out appropriate instructions and treatment as directed by the student-athlete’s physician
- Supervise and educate student athletic trainers
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in high school athletics preferred
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- State of Maine Athletic Training Licensure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Sarah Scola, Director of Human Resources. Applications are also available at the Reception desk at Cheverus High School, Loyola Hall, 271 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04103, M-F between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.