Cheverus High School is a Jesuit, college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students. Founded in 1917, the school strives to prepare young men and women to be people for others by fostering intellectual, spiritual, physical and personal excellence.
We seek to hire and retain faculty and staff members who are passionate and proficient in their fields, who understand and embrace our school’s mission, and who are committed to leading students in co-curricular and pastoral ministry activities. Successful candidates demonstrate a capacity for professional collaboration, continued pedagogical growth and instructional leadership. The school expects faculty and staff members to keep current with professional development activities appropriate to their fields, as well as to participate in the school’s in-services and Ignatian formation retreats.
Cheverus High School invites applications for the following positions:
Position Description and the School's Expectations
We are seeking resumes for candidates to teach Theology in the 2021-2022 academic year; the ability to teach more in more than one discipline would be welcome but not a requirement.
To apply for this position, please use the following link: Theology Teacher 2021-2022. Priority will be given to submissions received before Wednesday, March 31.
Thank you for your interest in Cheverus.
Anticipated Openings for 2021-2022
We are seeking resumes for candidates to teach English, Mathematics, and Spanish and to serve as one of our Guidance/School Counselors in the 2021-2022 academic year; the ability to teach more in more than one discipline would be welcome but not a requirement.
To apply for one of these positions, please use the following links:
- English Teacher 2021-2022
- Mathematics Teacher 2021-2022
- Spanish Teacher 2021-2022
- Guidance/School Counselor 2021-2022
Priority will be given to submissions received before Friday, March 19.
Position Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Starting April 1 continuing though the end of the fall sports season on or around November 14, Average 27 hours per week.
Salary: $15 per hour. Non-exempt (entitled to overtime)
Note: If at any time the Maine State Principals Association should cancel fall, winter, or spring sports this position will not be funded.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday with weekends and vacation weeks depending upon the Athletics schedule.
Reports to: Director of Athletics and Head Groundskeeper
- Assist with responsibility for the care of all natural grass turf, beam clay infields, and 400-meter outdoor track including field event spaces (long jump, pole vault, discus, shot put, and long jump areas within the athletic fencing areas behind and to the side of 271 Ocean Avenue and 963 Washington Avenue (including tennis area across footbridge).
- Assist with season opening tasks including: setting of seasonal water meters, clearing of irrigation lines, opening of water service to men’s and women’s bathrooms that includes service to water hose connections, startup of mowing equipment, weed trimmers, infield grooming machine, field lining paint sprayer, and removal of turf blankets.
- Maintain proper licenses.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the latest City of Portland ordinances and State of Maine Department of Environmental Protection for the dispensing of fertilizers, weed control, and insect treatment products.
- Assist with regular trimming activities on a weekly basis – adjustable according to weather patterns.
- Assist with field grooming and field lining for varsity and sub-varsity completion areas for Ocean Avenue and Washington Avenue for baseball, softball, lacrosse, outdoor track, football, soccer, field hockey, and cross country
- Assist Director of Athletics and Activities and Head Groundskeeper with weather postponements and stay up-to-date with weather forecasts.
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Please send application (link above) to Amy Ashley, Athletics & Activities Director, Cheverus High School, 267 Ocean Ave., Portland ME 04103.