Parents & Students
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- April 2, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 25, 2020
- Update from President Fr. Robert Pecoraro, S.J. -- March 20, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 20, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 17, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 16, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 15, 2020
- Update from President Fr. Robert Pecoraro, S.J. -- March 14, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 13, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- 3:30 p.m., March 12, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- 10:00 a.m., March 12, 2020
- Update from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 6, 2020
- Letter to Cheverus Community from Principal Dr. John Moran -- March 2, 2020
Message from Cheverus President Fr. Robert J. Pecoraro, S.J. - March 27, 2020
Social Distancing - why it is important
What Is Social Distancing And How Can It Slow The Spread of COVID-19? - Johns Hopkins University
Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day - Asaf Bitton, MD, MPH, executive director of Ariadne Labs
Can students come to campus to pick up books?
The campus will be open to students on Monday, March 16 ONLY for the purpose of retrieving items from lockers that will be needed for remote learning. Students should access the building through the front doors by the Main Office and retrieve items from their lockers as quickly as possible.
Who do students contact if they have technical issues?
We’ve set up a new email: email@example.com. Messages sent here are forwarded to Dr. Nielsen and Ms. Glass. One of them will respond to try to solve the problem.
What about sports practices?
The spring sports season has been postponed until April 27 and the MPA has asked us to treat this time similarly to the hands-off time between seasons and during the two-week period in early August. There should not be any organized team activity between now and the start of the spring season. Any workouts should be done individually in an effort to enforce the recommended social distancing.
Resources for managing the stress and anxiety of COVID-19.
Helpful articles and resources
Parenting During COVID-19 - Psychology Today
For those in addiction recovery, social distancing can be a recipe for relapse --Looking for a virtual meeting? List here updated regularly.
The Jesuits in Britain, in coordination with Pray as you go, prepared 7 audio exercises designed to encourage, in God’s presence, prayerful awareness of any feelings of unease or distress.
A Meditation for the Anxious During COVID-19
From Jesuit schools and colleges
Loyola University Maryland Counseling Center - Effects of the Coronavirus on Mental Health
Our Lenten Resource page may offer some ways to bring prayer into your new daily schedule.
March 13 - MPA Board of Directors and Interscholastic Management Committee voted to delay the start of the 2020 Spring sports pre-season practice until April 27, 2020.
Winter Sports Banquet on March 15 - canceled
Spring Sports Information Night on March 16 - canceled
Sportsmanship Summit on March 19 - postponed
New Balance Indoor Nationals on March 13- 15 - canceled
March 16 | Naples Alumni Reception - canceled
All Cheverus Business Network events - canceled until further notice
March 19 | Giving Day - postponed, date TBD
March 28 | Morning of Reflection - postponed, date TBD
April 2 | Magis Awards - postponed, date TBD
April 14 | Boston Alumni Reception - canceled
May 2 | Cheverus Gala - postponed, date TBD