The Cheverus Fund
The Cheverus Fund
Annual contributions to The Cheverus Fund provide immediate-use dollars that directly support students, faculty, and programs. From tuition assistance to our rigorous academic curriculum; from campus ministry to athletics and fine arts, gifts to The Cheverus Fund enrich the lives of today’s students and enable the school to stay true to its mission of preparing young men and women to be people for and with others.
Give now to The Cheverus Fund, the school's top fundraising priority.
Why is The Cheverus Fund important?
- 70% of Cheverus students receive some form of tuition assistance. The ability of the school to offer financial aid to students who need it depends heavily on annual support of The Cheverus Fund. In 2020, the average grant was more than half the cost of tuition.
- The majority of gifts to The Cheverus Fund are unrestricted. These gifts give school leadership powerful financial flexibility to meet core commitments, face unexpected challenges, capitalize on unforeseen opportunities, and direct funds where the need is greatest.
- Tuition alone does not cover the actual cost of the Cheverus experience. Cheverus Fund gifts provide a critical source of revenue of more than $6,500 per student.
- Participation by the Cheverus community in The Cheverus Fund is critical to our mission. Alumni and parent participation in The Cheverus Fund is a vote of confidence in the school and inspires others to give, too.
Your gift makes a tremendous impact on our students. Make it meaningful for you, too!
- Designated gifts. While unrestricted or "greatest need" gifts are important for the school, you are always welcome to give to a specific initiative, program, academic department, team, or activity that you care about most. When making your gift online, please note your desired designation in the comments field or in the drop-down box (if available).
- Tribute gifts. Many donors honor a beloved teacher, coach, or mentor through their gift. Others recognize a student or graduate and the transformative experience they had at Cheverus. A tribute gift is a thoughtful way to remember the past while investing in the future. Include the name and address of the honoree so that they may be notified of your gift.
A Call for Volunteers
Are you an alumnus who keeps in touch with your classmates and regularly supports The Cheverus Fund? We are building our Class Agent program and need your help! Contact John Harvey ‘05, Director of Alumni Relations and Engagement to learn more.